Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chinese New Year - it's just any other holiday for me...


It's the time of the year again where Chinese all over the world will be ushering the Year of Metal Rabbit in a few hours' time. I would have looked forward to celebrating Chinese New Year when I was younger as it was the time I would be able to meet up with all my extended family members and also collect as many red packets as possible. Not to mention, the amount of mandarin oranges, cookies and tidbits I pig out during the holiday period.

Now that I'm older with work commitments, Chinese New Year has become another one of the many public holidays we observe in Malaysia, with some differences. First and foremost, I would be looking forward to my brother and his family coming home for a visit, and other family members dropping by the house for a visit. Another would be the foods I get to eat to my heart's content for the next two weeks. And the highlight of it all... the red packets I'll be receiving, yes I'm still eligible to receive them.

Basically Chinese New Year is the same holiday I look forward to when I was younger but this time a major difference would be I would be having my nephew and niece home for a visit. And yeah, being an "auntie" is no walk in the park. Gong Xi Fa Cai and a blessed New Year to all my family and friends who are celebrating. 

4 comments:

  1. I love CNY. It's fun and people really enjoy themselves.

    Au is eating so v v relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chinese New Year to me this year is loads and loads of fun and laughter,not to mention sweet serenity because I get to be 'free'!
    My Mom and Dad are going to give me a big angpow tomorrow or tonight reunion dinner,considering I am alone and helping out and my family has despatched me(to my content-I couldn't help liking this new found freedom,Su-Ling)and I am still eligible for an angpow!
    I am so carefree,easy-going and light-hearted,I think this is the Best CNY Rabbit Year that I ever had!Gong Xi Fa Cai to Su-Ling and family.God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold on to what is good,even if it's a handful of earth.Hold on to what you believe,even if it's a tree that stands by itself.Hold on to what you must do,even if it's a long way from here.Hold on to your faith,even if it's easier to let go.
    Happy New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Gong Xi Fa Cai and happy holidays to especially my faithful blog followers. I wouldn't have done it without all of you. :)

    ReplyDelete