Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No smoking please!



There are concrete reasons why smoking is extremely BAD for our health:

  • It causes serious diseases and health issues, lung cancer and cardiovascular diseases being on top of the list;
  • It reduces the quality of life;
  • It is a HUGE waste of money;
  • It is a serious health hazard especially to non-smokers;
  • It affects economic productivity; and
  • It STINKS and doesn't make you look good and cool!
I hope all my family and friends who smoke should consider quitting smoking for good for the sake of their own health and that of the people around them especially their loved ones who are staying with them. I have seen the negative effects of smoking on a non-smoker, i.e. my aunt who died of lung cancer two years ago. And yeah, the pain of losing her through no fault of her own still pains me tremendously even today. Thus, every day should be a NO SMOKING day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment