Wednesday, January 26, 2011

American Idol - Living the American Dream?


American Idol Season 10 has dawned upon us again. It's the time of the year when many people around the world would be glued to their idiot boxes every week to watch Americans from all walks of life trying their luck to vie for a spotlight in this reality show. However, the current season of American Idol saw some changes in the panel of judges. Out of the three pioneering judges, only Randy Jackson remained. Steven Tyler, lead singer of Aerosmith replaced Simon Cowell and Jennifer Lopez replaced Paula Abdul as judges beginning this season of American Idol.

What I find amusing about American Idol would be auditions held in the various American cities to search for potential singing talents to be shortlisted into the final round of the competition. The past nine seasons of the competition has succeeded in unearthing some of the best singing talents America has ever witnessed. This is what made American Idol one of the most viewed reality shows around the globe. However, Season Nine showed a lacklustre in terms of the vibrancy and excitement the competition was often expected to demonstrate.

However, not all is lost for having Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez joining the judging panel, I think it will make a marked difference as well as bring back the lost vibrancy and excitement American Idol is well known for. Rest assured, contestants with out-of-the-ordinary personality will definitely spice up the audition rounds as always. And yes, American Idol could be seen as one of the best ways to live the American Dream as this reality show has managed to produce some of the best and successful singers America could offer to the world.

3 comments:

  1. I was so glad to hear Will Smith say how people get talent confused with hard work. Anyone who is great has put in way more hard work than just being "gifted". Being gifted isn't enough.

    I think American Idol's auditions featured people of ordinary just going there to have some fun, showing off, trying their luck if there have any (bloopers) and those who worked hard on their vocal cords to pursue their dreams....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing and I do agree with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowledge and skills can be learned,but talent is enduring.The concept of talent is elusive--it lacks substance,specificity.Perhaps that's part of the reason so many people have trouble applying it to themselves.

    I like something.I am good at it.I am talented.I keep trying.I work at it.I brushed up on it.My passion and my zeal.I never give up.

    ReplyDelete