Monday, February 14, 2011

Grammy Awards 2011

2011 GRAMMY Nominees


The Grammy Awards 2011 is in progress live from Los Angeles at the moment. As my home doesn't subscribe to Astro, I don't get to watch it. However, thanks to the radio breakfast show I listen to daily, they are giving up-to-the-minute commentary of the show, and I'm really grateful for them for doing it.

The Grammy Awards is a music awards show to honour some of to best singing talent has made impressive impact to the global music scene in the past year. Some of the biggest names in the global music scene are in the running for multiple nominations for the songs and/or musical acts they have released this past one year. The young musical talents has made such a positive impact to the global music scene that an "oldie" like me can't help taking notice of them.

Big names like Bruno Mars and Justin Bieber seemed to be doing very well in garnering a large share of their music fans around the world. And yeah, they do release some good songs that makes me wanna groove to them. This oldie here is very hoping that her favourite songs have gotten the recognition they deserve; namely, Bruno Mars' Just The Way You Are, Michael Bublé's Haven't Met You Yet and Train's Hey, Soul Sister.      

2 comments:

  1. Now I know I'm waaaaaay out of date. Don't even know those names.

    Thanks for your kind words about Au. We will make sure his last days are happy, and we won't let him suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was young,I used to 'chase' after the Grammys year after year,eager to know who gets what,who's the best,and who's the greatest of them all!Now I hear them always on the radio,like you, on the breakfast show!I'm not a music fan fanatic but I do take music to heal whenever you're depressed;I think if Malaysians know how to use music as a traditional healer,less suicides could be avoided - so what, if your boyfriend 'dumps' you!

    ReplyDelete