Saturday, February 26, 2011

If I were to be reborn...


Being human in this day of age is extremely tough. If I were to be reborn, I would choose to be an animal rather than be a human. A water mammal to be exact, an Australian sea lion to be precise. The reason being I think water is the element that suits my personality and temperament. I actually LOVE to be in water because I enjoy the feeling of being in the water as it supports my body when I'm swimming in it.

The Australian sea lion is somewhat similar to a seal, the only difference the mommy nurses its pups for 18 months before she completely lets them to be totally independent. During this time, the mommy sea lion would teach all the necessary survival knowledge to her pups. Thus, the Australian sea lion has been nicknamed by the National Geographic as Ocean's Supermom.

Swimming in the ocean as an Australian sea lion would probably feels like I'm in heaven; the only concern would be that the great white shark is my ultimate enemy. I guess I would have to outsmart the great whites in order to survive to be able to reproduce and raise my pups well. And yes, I can be one fierce mommy Australian sea lion in order to fight for my pups' and that of my own right to live.

The Australian sea lions are generally playful, affectionate and loving mammals. However, they often can be quite ferocious and temperamental during mating season, especially the males. The same happens when the mommy is trying to protect her pups from harm. Yup, that seems to be very much like how I would behave.    

I think being an animal, in this case being an Australian sea lion is more straight forward than being a human. First and foremost, I don't have to deal with the kind of politics humans would usually get themselves involved in. The only politics I have to get myself involved in would be the politics of hierarchy, I suppose this is necessary to determine my position within the herd. And yeah, I realise that the Australian sea lion is a very beautiful and graceful sea mammal, and not forgetting being able to live on both land and in the ocean to me is a GREAT BONUS!

3 comments:

  1. I want to be a cat and live with me; which is sort of impossible, but there you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Au and Target: If I could be a cat, I would like to live with you, that's the life! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be a sparrow,or a pigeon,or a hawk or a falcon,I like to roam the skies because I am a person who likes to be free.....aerospace is good enough for me,for I love to fly....in the vast blue sky..an owl or an eagle would be nice..!

    ReplyDelete