Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stupidity + I don't care attitude = The ULTIMATE Malaysian third class mentality!


I had a matter to be settled at a public hospital two days ago. As Malaysian public hospitals are notorious for lack of parking lots, I had made sure I arrive very early so that I was able to park my car properly and not to be a nuisance to other people. But it was not the case two days ago.

When I returned to my car about an hour later after having the matter settled, I found my car was blocked by a triple-parked car. One look told me I needed to know, there was NO way I could manoeuvre my car without having it being scratched mercilessly by the car parked next to mine. As I was entering my car, the car owner who had blocked my car came to take something from his car, COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS of the situation that was happening right in front of his eyes.

At the same time, the security guard employed to look after the parking lot came to "assist" any cars leaving the full-to-the-brim parking lot. His assistance was of NO help at all, in fact it was STUPIDITY to the boot. I may not be a driver with an excellent judgement but I know it's impossible to manoeuvre my small car out without any damage done to it simply because there was not enough space. That stupid security guard kept assuring me that I could clear the tight spot, and yeah only for me to hear a sickening crunch at the front passenger door.

That sickening crunch is the result of it all shown in the picture. As my car is still relatively new, slightly over a year old, you could imagine how I had felt when this happened. It was akin to someone taking the carving knife and slice a huge chunk of my heart out. I LOVE this car very much, it is an extension of my legs and to a certain extent my personality as well.   

I made an inquiry at a mechanic near my house and he said it would cost RM 250 to have the scratch touched up. For someone who is struggling to make ends meet, this would burn a HUMONGOUS hole into the pocket. Lucky for me, Dad has a mechanic friend who had managed to do it for free as a favour for him. The scratch is gone but the dent is still there as nothing much could be done about it. It serves as a nasty reminder as how some people's attitude can be OBNOXIOUS to the boot, and can make your life miserable without batting an eyelid, and don't even mention about a little courtesy and conscience in mind.

Gone are the days where people actually would mind their Ps and Qs when crossing other people's path, be it family, friends or strangers. Not to say there no more good people around, they still are, only that it is increasingly difficult to find them; it is akin to looking for a needle in the haystack...

No comments:

Post a Comment