Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Jeanette Aw - the Mediacorp Singapore artiste is a force to be reckon with

I have never paid so much attention to drama series shown on the television until of late. Especially where the Mandarin drama series produced by Singapore's Mediacorp are concerned. When I started watching them on one of our local terrestrial television channels, i.e. NTV7, late last year or early this year I seriously didn't give much thought about them.Until I noticed that Jeanette Aw acted in those drama series in a profound and outstanding manner. It all started when I began to follow the drama series 'Together' but unfortunately, half way through the story. Quite immediately I got "addicted" to watching it as the story was, if in book terms, a real page turner. It feels as though you are dying to want to know what happens next in the story and just want to keep watching until the very end of it.

After that, I watched 'New Beginnings', another Mediacorp's Mandarin drama serial that had Jeanette Aw as the leading actress. She played the leading role to perfection in an outstanding manner yet again. Not only that, the story of 'New Beginnings' really reminded me of my Chinese cultural roots, especially where wedding and death are concerned, and that I should never completely ignore them, lest they would become extinct within my own family.

The latest Jeanette Aw's Mandarin drama series I am following at the moment is 'Destiny in Her Hands' in which she has collaborated with some of the Malaysian actors and actresses to bring the series into an successful fruition. In fact a wide media coverage was given to it, I think it was highlighted in The Star newspaper's Star 2 pullout twice. The media coverage was really quite hyped about this series that I thought I should follow the story when it went on air in June this year and now it has about five more episodes to go before the series ends.

Honestly, I found 'Destiny in Her Hands' a real gem of the few other Mediacorp Mandarin drama series I have followed of late. To add icing to the cake, the appearance of local actors and actresses would boost the Malaysian Mandarin film industry in a very positive way. A great artiste like Jeanette Aw is actually a very crucial role model to budding actors and actresses in the Malaysian film industry, especially the Mandarin film industry.

In the entertainment industry, often there would be quite a few individuals who would become a force to be reckon with. And in the case for Singapore, Jeanette Aw from Mediacorp is the one to be recognised for this reason, and to a certain extent I think Malaysia is benefiting from Jeanette Aw's popularity too. Unfortunately for Malaysia, the actors and actresses in the Mandarin film industry has still got a lot to learn, especially from Singapore's Mediacorp.

But all is not lost just yet. By collaborating with Mediacorp or similar foreign Mandarin TV organisations, the Malaysian Mandarin film industry could improve leaps and bounds because we already have a big pool of talents waiting to be discovered and honed. This is already a plus factor that we already have and it should be given due recognition.      

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should watch "The Little Nyonya" as well. Jeanette portrayed her role very well too. It was her breakthrough drama anyway :)

    ReplyDelete