Tuesday, October 25, 2011

YBhg. Dato' Dr. Jennifer Low & YBhg. Dato' Ar. Michael Ong - A Tribute


Dateline - October 15, 2011. It was not a significant day for me. It was just another day passing me by. However, but for someone whom I got to know personally when I was in my teens, it had been a day of honour and recognition for all the hard work and effort she has been putting into her career as an interior designer and entrepreneur. The person I'm referring to is YBhg. Dato' Dr. Jennifer Low, J.P.; co-founder and Group Managing Director of Quill Group of Companies, a multi-disciplinary design led, integrated property development, construction, interior design and architectural services company.

YBhg. Dato' Dr. Jennifer was conferred the Property Woman of the Year during the recent FIABCI Malaysia Property Award 2011, held in One World Hotel, Petaling Jaya. Adding another icing to her already illustrious career cake, Quill Group of Companies also bagged the Office Category 2011 with the opening of Quill 6, the latest property project the company has recently built and leased out to one of its major clients, HSBC Malaysia. This Office Category award was also won by Quill Group of Companies in the 2010's edition of FIABCI Malaysia Property Award.

I don't remember the exact year that I first I got to know Dato' Dr. Jennifer and her business partner YBhg. Dato' Ar. Michael Ong. All I could remember that I was about 15 years old. We had met at one dinner function where both of them invited the whole family to attend, my brother and I included. It was a meeting that left a profound impression on me. Both Dato' Dr. Jennifer and Dato' Ar. Michael were already on a steady rise in their respective career paths in building Quill to be the company it is today.

I had quite a few meetings with both Dato' Dr. Jennifer and Dato' Ar. Michael throughout my teen years and early 20s. During this time, they did a lot of small but extremely meaningful things for me and my family. Not to mention some of the most memorable experiences I have ever had in my life. I am extremely grateful to the both of them for allowing me to experience such unforgettable times in my life.

Dato' Dr. Jennifer was the first person who realised that I have an excellence flair in the English Language. Not only that, she also encourage me to explore this talent of mine and develop it to its fullest potential. This was the main reason I had gone back to school to obtain a Master degree in English Language. And yes, I did excelled in my studies and enjoyed doing it very much.

I am really humbled by the phenomenal success of both Dato' Dr. Jennifer and  Dato' Ar. Michael. The success they are enjoying today is mainly due to their own hard work with some luck and right timing, also getting to know the right people to enable to them to flourish in their respective career paths. Most of all, they remain very modest of the successful endeavours in their respective careers.

I will always remember how lucky and privilleged I am to have come to know  Dato' Dr. Jennifer and  Dato' Ar. Michael personally. And that their presence in my life has a very profound impact on me in a very positive way. Not to mention their humble and down-to-earth personality, making them very approachable and easy to talk to. This is in spite of their tremendous wealth and status in the business and corporate world.

This blog post is my tribute to these two very special people. To Dato' Dr. Jennifer and Dato' Ar. Michael - many thanks to the both of you for allowing me to get to know you personally and most of all, giving me the unforgettable experiences of my life where no amount of money can buy. I genuinely pray and hope the both of you are able to continue this phenomenal success in your respective careers to contribute to the nation building of Malaysia.

Last but not least, I take my hats off to both To Dato' Dr. Jennifer and Dato' Ar. Michael for being an inspiring and shining example not only to entrepreneurs everywhere but also to the normal person on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment