Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Steve Jobs: February 24 1955 - October 5 2011 - Part 2

Apart from being the CEO and co-founder of Apple Inc., the late Steve Jobs also acquired the computer division of Lucasfilm Ltd. from George Lucas for USD 10 million, renaming it Pixar Animation Studios in 1986. Pixar Animation Studios is the Hollywood studio that created a string of successful animated feature films:
  • Toy Story (1995)
  • A Bug's Life (1998)
  • Toy Story 2 (1999)
  • Monsters Inc. (2001)
  • Finding Nemo (2003)
  • The Incredibles (2004)
  • Cars (2006)
  • Ratatouille (2007)
  • WALL-E (2008)
  • Up (2009)
  • Toy Story 3 (2010)
  • Cars 2 (2011)
Although I have somewhat gave up the idea of using Apple products, little did I know that Jobs would continue to reach out to me through animated feature films that Pixar Animation Studios would create within the span of last 16 years. 12 animated feature films - I had only managed to watch five of them - Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, Ratatouille and Cars 2.

Out of the five films, my favourites would be Finding Nemo and Cars 2, thus far. The reasons are simple - Finding Nemo has the most wonderful animated undersea sceneries that blew my mind away, and the story plot of Cars 2 is akin to that of the James Bond movies, not to mention the cars featured have real sex appeal (figuratively speaking) just like the real life makes of those cars.

I will definitely be looking forward to more animated feature films to be released by Pixar Animation Studios in the near future as I have confidence it will do a great job in creating animated feature films that are appealing across a wide range of audience.

The unfortunate passing of Steve Jobs - it has made me realised that Jobs was indeed a GREAT man, ahead of his time and his competitors in the IT industry. If Jobs never took the risks to do what he had done, the IT industry would never experience an evolution as we are experiencing now. We would have never been spoiled for choices when it comes to choosing IT gadgets, from desktops to laptops/notebooks to tablet computers to smart phones.

Honestly, I'm seriously considering of getting a smart phone now, preferably an iPhone to experience what the late Steve Jobs' genius creativity was like. His demise has made me realise I should give Apple products the benefit of the doubt as they are selling extremely well; a far cry from all those years ago when I had used the Macintosh computer that was of poor quality during Jobs' absence from the organisation.

I salute the late Steve Jobs - he was one of those very rare people who dared to venture into the unknown territory, taking huge risks and succeed in the end, creating a phenomenon that will last for a very long time. As Bronislava Nijinska, a famed early 20th century classical ballerina was quoted as saying, "We are born originals, we die copies".

This quote would be aptly true to many people in this world but in the case of the late Steve Jobs, he was born an original and he died as an original. There hardly can ever be another man quite remarkable as the late Steve Jobs, impacting and changing the world beyond anyone's imagination.

To the late Steve Jobs, this is what I have to say - Sir, although I have never been an Apple product fan, you still reach out to me in a profound way, i.e. through the animated feature films created by Pixar Animation Studios and for that I'm grateful to be a tiny part of it. I hope to be able to own one gadget your great creative genius mind had invented, and if I'm lucky enough, the whole line of the Apple products too. Many sincere thanks for reaching out to me in ways I could never have imagined would happen.

May you rest in peace, and may God Bless you and your family eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment