Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Staying True to Friendships/Relationships

For those who have known me for a period of time, whether long or short... I guess many of you might have come to realise that I am always genuine about and stay true to all the friendship/relationships I have established with other people. By the way, relationship here doesn't only mean the lovey-dovey one-item kind of relationship.... it encompasses all kinds relationship like family, professional, business, patient-doctor, employee-employer, etc... and of course friendship also comes into this context as well.

For as long as I can remember, even when I was very young, establishing genuine friendship/relationship with other people and staying true to it has always been of utmost importance to me. I can't really explain why but I think this has a lot to do with my personality. My family, friends and other people who know me well enough would be able to see that I'm the kind of person who is not pretentious about my feelings. I tend to get emotional at times but that's how I express about my reactions towards most things happening around and to me.

I'm only human like everyone else. I'm different in a lot of ways compared to most people (my family included) but there are reasons as to why I react in a very different way than other people to the things happening around and to me. To me the most important thing in a friendship/relationship I have established is that I need unconditional understanding from the person to accept the REAL me. Yeah, that's all I ask of from people whom I have established friendship/relationship with.

Is this request difficult to fulfill? I don't think so, I guess it's because I have always been treating all the people Í have established friemdship/relationship this way. Accepting people as the individual person they are; for their good and not so good points to me, in my high opinion is extremely important in maintaining an excellent friendship/relationship.

Life is already miserable in this dog-eat-dog of a world. We should not make life worse than it already is. Thus, the least we could do is be genuine to the people we have established friendship/relationship with. To all the people out there who have been true to the friendship/relationship I have established with you over the years, this is all I have to say - thank you for being able to make a positive presence and impact in my life and I greatly appreciate all of your effort in keeping the frienship/relationship alive and last through the test of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment