Monday, December 12, 2011

What do you call this? An irony or an oxymoron or both?

Last week I had to attend to some personal matters in a particular government department. I had arrived very early and had to use the ladies' toilet meant for the public, and this is what I found:

The notice behind the door of cubicle no. 2 - Translation: You are prohibited from disposing of sanitary napkins and toilet paper into the toilet bowl.



But there is NO sanitary bin and/or dustbin for the purpose stated on the note found behind  the door!

A few hours of later after I had finished attending to my personal matters and I had to use the toilet before I leave the place. I went to the same toilet but I used a different cubicle this time, and you can guess what I had found:

The same notice behind the door of cubicle no. 1 - Translation: You are prohibited from disposing of sanitary napkins and toilet paper into the toilet bowl.
  
Again, there is NO sanitary bin and/or dustbin for the purpose stated on the note found behind  the door!
So, what would do if you come across this situation? How would you dispose of the used sanitary napkins and/or used toilet paper? For your information, there is ONLY ONE standard-sized pedal dustbin and NO sanitary bins located in the wash basin area. 

Not mention, hundreds of members of the public would come to this particular government department for various reasons every working day during the week, throughout the year. You can imagine what condition this toilet would be at the end of the working day, although the cleaners DO provide reasonable standard of cleaning services at the start of each working day.

1 comment:

  1. I understand your problem.I also faced the same problem.I will prepare beforehand,a plastic bag inside my pocket,I always wear jeans or pants with pockets so that I can be ready when crisis comes;I will put the used sanitary napkin inside the plastic bag with the stickers and use the clean one with stickers unattached,and carefully "fold" the plastic unto a small knot.Since the plastic bag is clean,I shall put it inside my pocket again and trashed it when I reached home or if I found a nearby huge tong sampah.=D

    ReplyDelete